Salary Negotiable Upon Experience
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Our client is a boutique independent Accountancy Practice based in Leeds, who are looking for an ambitious Semi Senior Accountant with experience working within a practice environment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and hardworking individual who is keen to work in a role that will require direct interaction with clients. You must have experience producing sole traders and small business accounts and must be someone who is passionate and can be trusted to complete work independently.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with clients to resolve queries where necessary.
- Mentoring junior member of staff when required.
- Preparing and submitting statutory accounts for sole traders and small limited companies.
- Preparing personal and business tax returns.
- Reviewing and submitting VAT returns.
- Processing payroll for certain clients.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- AAT Qualified / QBE / ACCA/ ACA.
- Strong communication skills
- Great organisational skills.
- Minimum 2 years practice experience.
- Positive and reassuring manner with clients.
If you are on the market for a new position, please apply now for immediate consideration.
If you’re looking for a Semi Senior role in Leeds but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Leeds we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Leeds as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Tax Seniors in Leeds. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.