Graduate Finance Assistant
Growing finance team in a Commodities brokerage in London is looking to take on a new team member to manage all the broker invoices and reconciliations for the trading activity.
Fast paced and growing Commodities Brokerage based in London, with a particular focus on the energy markets.
Reporting to the Management Accountant and working in a team of 5, your role will be to take complete ownership of all the broker invoices and subsequent reconciliations of trading activity.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Reconciling broker invoices with internally generated trade files to ensure that the correct charges applied
- Managing relationships with brokers (UK, US & Singapore based)
- Ensuring all broker invoices are logged and up to date
- Ensuring the maintenance of brokerage rates are kept up to date within our internal risk system
- Being the main point of contact to resolve any brokerage related queries
- Setting up payments and ensuring all brokerage payments are made on time
- Analysing, summarising, and reporting key information on monthly brokerage bills to senior members of the finance team
- Reporting the key brokerage statistics daily to senior traders
- Assisting with other finance members of the team in month-end and year-end reporting
You must be educated to degree level with a relevant subject (2.1 or 1st class) - Top 50 University
Strong mathematical ability
Excellent organisational and attention to detail skills
Strong EXCEL (will be tested)
Ability to handle large data sets
Confident and proactive communicator, able to liaise with traders, brokers and finance teams
Competitive salary and extensive benefits package
Offices in the heart of the City (home working for the time being)
Social culture and fun working environment