International Financial Data Services - Transfer Agent, Dealing Services, Associate 1
We are seeking a motivated Transfer Agent to join our expanding Dealing Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated professional to develop their financial career within a leading organization.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agent, Dealing Services, Associate 1 you will
- The main activities within the team are the processing, monitoring, chasing and settlement of the platform transactions orders (Cleasrtream, Euroclear, Crest, SIX SIS…) ensuring they are in good order for execution as per the instruction received.
- The Dealing Platform team also ensure that the securities reconciliations, balance breaks and reconciliations exceptions between transfer agent, authorized participant, clearing houses and depositories are performed timely and accurately.
- Another duty of the team is to ensure payments between collection and clearing accounts are processed correctly and within currency cut off deadlines.
- The team service a large number of clients and each associate has to deal with multiple dealing cut off times through the day for various clients.
- This is a multi-cultural and very dynamic environment where contact with different stakeholders is mandatory (Custody, Fund Accounting, Internal Units)
- The team provides coverage from 7.30 till 18.30.
- There are constant and regular cross training to ensure knowledge sharing within the team and to enable a full functional coverage within Platforms at all time.
- Dealing Platform is a good entry point as it provides a good understanding of transaction processing and link to the other areas.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Previous work experience within a busy and fast paced business (preferably financial sector)
- Degree level education in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Science related subject.
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly and work autonomously.
- Existing knowledge of the fund industry from study or work experience.
- Experienced in working to daily deadlines and to a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Motivated to join a busy and demanding team
- English + another language, Professional, Accountable, Client focus
- Strong preference for people with experience in subscriptions & redemption (TA dealing)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency in English and any other European Language is preferred.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process.
- Team oriented.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Experience working with and managing large data sets.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude.
- Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative.
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.