Audit Assistant Manager - Not For Profit
Assistant Audit Manager – Not for Profit
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
Within a mixed portfolio you will be joining a team that is vital to the firm as one of the largest specialist Not for Profit teams in the accounting profession, delivering audits to the corporate, education, social housing, and charity and membership body sectors.
Primarily, you’ll be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of the on-site delivery audit delivery – liaising between the Audit engagement team, and the client to ensure the assignments are delivered to a high quality and within agreed timescales You’ll also:
- Take responsibility for planning, executing and finalising all areas of the audit assignment for Manager or Partner review, seeking input for areas of concern or judgement.
- Indentifying risk matters and raising them with a Manager or Partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Some responsibility for own clients and portfolio, reporting directly to a director or Partner.
- Produce work for Manager and / or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions with Managers or Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Supervise, coach, develop, appraise and motivate our employees, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for team members
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACCA/ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Previous experience of supervising and coaching junior members of the team.
- Project Management experience projects
- Experience of producing reports and presenting to clients
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Working knowledge and experience of SORPs and financial reporting requirements, sector issues statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Wider housing, charity, education experience and other Not for Profit organisations
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Motivation, drive and desire to progress
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.