Fund Accounting - Senior Associate
Purpose of the Job:
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units and external clients as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
- Candidate should have end to end exposure on Geneva application.
- This team is responsible for end to end accounting from trade booking to NAV delivery for mutual funds. Team will be accounting for all financial products. Team would be maintaining shadow books of accounts and would be responsible for performing GL reconciliation as well. Team would get a good exposure of end to end accounting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a functional/oversight team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing, as well as adherence to controls, e.g. ensuring accurate g/l and/or balance for daily pricing
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancement, make suggestions to streamline operations
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
- Train, develop and motivate new staff and complete performance appraisals
- Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel
- Coordinate and supervise work efforts when multiple Associates are needed to complete work
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- Has accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned.
- Shift timings - Night Shift
Mandatory Process Skills Sets:
- Fund Accounting
- Transaction Processing & Management
- Security Settlement
- Trade Life Cycle Management
Additional Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Some understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.