VP Accounting Policies Americas#176625
Vice President of Accounting Policy-Americas with a mandate for setting and carrying out the accounting policy function for US GAAP and other accounting developments. This position is New York based.
- Transaction Support. Research accounting issues to provide internal clients with appropriate accounting guidance in a timely manner, including documentation of conclusions. Consultation includes: advising clients on specific inquiries, participating in the New Business Approval Review Process, and participating in the Special Purpose Entity (SPE) review process.
- Policy Setting. Assist with managing the Group Accounting and Reporting Manual (GARM). Assist in the development of accounting policies and guidance to enhance overall market, credit and reputational risk management.
- Standard Setting. Monitor and interpret U.S. GAAP developments (FASB, EITF, SEC, AICPA, etc.), with a particular focus on investment banking, insurance and financial instrument related accounting developments. Provide insights for and engage in dialogue with U.S. standard setting bodies.
- Industry Involvement. Participate in industry group forums and assist in the development of industry positions on accounting issues.
Your future colleagues
Accounting Policy-Americas is a critical financial reporting and control function reporting to i) the Chief Accounting Officer of CSG and (ii) CFO of CS USA in New York. Accounting Policy-Americas is led by a Director who serves as one of the leaders of the global Accounting Policy Group. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural valuesYour skills and experience
This position requires a highly motivated teammate that has a good understanding of accounting and financial reporting matters affecting SEC registrants, particularly those affecting financial institution/investment banking registrants. Specifically, the candidate should:
- Have 7-10 years of proven work experience in a Big Four accounting firm or in an accounting and/or reporting function within a public financial services entity. Investment banking experience is desirable.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant with a BS/BA/BBA in accounting.
- Have transactional experience in U.S. GAAP related to financial instruments (e.g., loans, repos, derivatives, equities, debts, profit sharing, special purpose entities)
- Have the ability to research complex issues and develop accounting analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – including effective communication with peers and other team members.
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with internal clients to effectively understand their business and address their needs while consistently demonstrating integrity, fairness and professional conduct.
- Strong problem solving skills by exploring and analyzing appropriate accounting alternatives.
- Hardworking with ability to learn and work individually and also in a team
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.