Audit Manager I, Wealth Management
Working across all organizational levels, the Manager I is responsible for developing and maintaining high-trust relationships and managing a team to produce work product that adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Audit Services’ methodology. Responsible for the execution of audit engagements, including planning, developing project scope, maintaining the budget and schedule, as well as hands-on coaching and team development, the Manager I is a key role in the execution of our strategic audit plan
The role will provide the Manager I ample opportunity to expand and sharpen their risk management, auditing, and interpersonal skills while performing continuous monitoring, refreshing risk assessments, coordinating staffing and leading a portfolio of core audit projects supporting Northern Trust Wealth Management. The successful candidate will also work with our team of global professionals in coordinating and executing targeted testing across a broad range of shared service activities.
- Support oversight, execution and evolution of the core audit plan supporting Northern Trust Wealth Management, including delivery of thought leadership and guidance on trends and emerging risks
- Encourage an environment of teamwork, accountability, and open communication
- Manage and support direct reports’ performance management and career development
- Plan and prioritize audit projects for on-time delivery, including assigning work to direct reports based in varying locations, setting work priorities and monitoring activity
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of business processes, risks, and controls, along with an understanding of relevant laws, industry changes, and the impact of technology
- Communicate point of view to executives for discussion and challenge
- Identify and analyze risks, conduct interviews, observe operations, and document and analyze processes and controls
- Document the reliability and quality of data sources, develop and perform audit tests, document work papers, produce quality issues, review issues with management, evaluate the sustainability and repeatability of management actions, and draft audit reports
- Monitor project budgets, team members, and escalate concerns
- Prepare materials for presentation to legal entity Boards of Directors and Audit Committees
- Identify, promote, and innovate audit best practices across the department methodologies, use of the work paper tool, application of fraud evaluation and data analytics techniques
- Develop expertise and expand knowledge of the audit profession and build business acumen through self-study, research, and continuing education to assist in providing comprehensive, in-depth assurance, advice, and coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA, JD) preferred
- Professional credentials such as: Certified Fiduciary and Investment Risk Specialist (CFIRS), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) are desired
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years professional experience
- Internal audit or regulatory examiner experience with a global financial institution - preferably focused on wealth management - and a demonstrated ability to guide, supervise, and coach a team through projects around topics such as: Trust and Estate Administration, Investment Administration, Brokerage, Global Family/Private Investment Office, Lending, Lines of Credit, Treasury Management, Bank Branch Operations
- Strong written and oral communication, approachable style and good listening skills
- Ability to adapt and react timely in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Strong critical thinking, analytic, and organizational skills
- Experience managing teams and leading projects
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to maintain composure and build relationships
Please note that this role may require the successful candidate to travel to other NT locations as required.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.