Fund Accounting & Administration, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
This is a senior level management role within the Real Assets Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery. The Alternative Investment Solutions team within SSGD is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to real assets, private equity and hedge funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an AIS REAL ASSETS MANAGING DIRECTOR, you will:
- Be responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received. Responsible for all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables for assigned client base.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly production calendars with clients and internal support areas including but not limited to Treasury, Compliance and Tax.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Ability to identify and take action on high risk processes; must be active and current on all procedures, controls and high-risk areas to prevent errors or financial loss.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control.
- Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Monitors and approves department expenses.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions. Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations and client onboarding.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level manager of State Street.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment. Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- An ability to be a leader within the team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including excellent time management and prioritization skills to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required) and 12 or more years of previous accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 8+ years of leadership experience.
- Candidates must possess solid business unit management experience on complex clients requiring a high level of client interaction.
- The ability to travel and work occasional nights and weekends is required.
- MBA and/or CPA are a plus.
- Real Assets or Private Equity accounting experience, as well as knowledge of fund structures, designs & hierarchies, standalone funds, master-feeder funds, and the role of each entity in the fund structure
- Familiarity with Real Assets or Private Equity Fund Services quarterly deliverables, such as Consolidations, PCAPs, Unfunded Statements, ILPAs, etc.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.