Manager, Bank Portfolio
Responsible for overseeing a team/function focused on managing interest rate risk in the context of the Bank’s broader balance sheet by using a combination of interest rate products (securities and derivatives). Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions. Develops the strategic plan and sets goals for the unit.
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fixed income and derivative investment products, services, and terminology, usually acquired through experience and formal education
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Bloomberg, Aladdin, Microsoft) is required to analyze investments
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience for a financial industry in investments is preferred. Advanced degree and/or related Industry qualification is preferred
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.