Accounting Policies, Vice President #176520
This role combines both NPI and PD responsibilities providing the candidate with both the ability to utilize their strong technical accounting and analytical skills as well as the opportunity to work across numerous partners to drive the implementation of new accounting standards from start to finish.
Core Tasks include:
- Technical analysis and interpretation of new accounting standards including drafting of Accounting Requirements Document.
- Perform a detailed impact analysis of the new requirements. Meet with partners to understand both technical and process impacts.
- Prepare and present education material to all impacted partners
- Represent Credit Suisse at industry working groups on new accounting standards.
- Project manage and drive the implementation of the new accounting requirements across Credit Suisse.
- Take on the role of a policy development subject matter specialist where you will build new and revise existing policy documents.
- This includes monitoring both the FASB and IASB on upcoming standards and provide feedback through the comment letter process.
You join our Accounting Policy and Assurance Group department in Pune. Our highly motivated colleagues come from across the world. We are looking for an open and positive personality with great interpersonal and technical accounting skills combined with an outstanding ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner.
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank’s vision. Our focus is to manage the capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our directive we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through an exciting and inclusive partnership culture.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA designation required
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar position within the banking industry or a Big 4 accounting firm
- Proven project management skills with ability and experience of driving projects, delivering end to end.
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and / or IFRS with genuine enthusiasm and ability for researching and solving technical accounting issues and queries is essential. In addition, experience in US GAAP/ IFRS financial reporting and SEC reporting would be a plus!
- A proficient understanding of banking products from wealth management, asset management and investment banking business
- Hardworking with ability to take complex accounting concepts and explain them in everyday language as well as build positive relationships with internal clients in different locations to understand and address their needs.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Result oriented with capability to identify, understand and research complex issues/risks. Develop solutions that resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.