Full Job Description:
Cutting–edge fertility law firm located in beautiful downtown La Mesa seeks an experienced Office Manager/Bookkeeper with a strong work ethic to handle all aspects of business operations including Human Resources, Accounting, Marketing, and more. Our practice is dedicated to assisted reproductive law and family formation law (including surrogacy, egg/sperm donation and embryo donation), working with clients from all over the world. The firm is a fun, fast–paced group that works hard and supports a work–life balance. This is an hourly, part to full–time position.
The right candidate will have strong interpersonal skills; be able to complete work in a timely manner; provide support to management, have good customer service skills, demonstrate sound and accurate judgment; be self–motivated towards achieving personal and organizational goals; use time efficiently; approach matters in a professional and tactful manner; and be dependable.
This position offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health/dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Flexible schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all daily operations.
- Responsible for accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Client trust account management (writing checks, reconciling accounts, deposits, wires, and client relations).
- Responsible for all HR functions, including but not limited to, recruitment, employee relations, and benefits processing.
- Oversees IT and works directly with IT vendor, including new employee setup and managing office and employee IT issues.
- Maintain office functionality.
- Builds and maintains an understanding of all organizational processes and functions to ensure efficiency.
- Supports management staff as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi–task/prioritize multiple projects, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service skills, excellent phone skills, a professional demeanor, and ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrate understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to work proactively.
- Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure in a fast–paced environment, and to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work additional hours as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 2–5 years of relevant office management/bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues, such as printer jams.
- Excellent computer skills, including basic troubleshooting, and proficiency in QuickBooks, Outlook, and Microsoft Office.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to .
No phone calls please.