We are looking for an immediately available finance assistant who is looking to work in a fast paces environment on a 6 month fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.
My Client is one of the largest within its sector and they have a new and exciting opportunity to join their fast paced, dynamic team.
They are looking for someone who is available straight away - or someone with a short notice period.
Currently everyone is working from home but when you do need to attend the office it is COVID secure.
· Reporting to the Assistant Accountant.
· Completion of weekly and month end accounts, balance sheets and open book reconciliations.
· Assist in the preparation of Customer weekly accounts and KPIs.
· Assist with data gathering to support the collation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
· Produce site reports, statistics and support with KPI monitoring.
· Posting journals including payroll and prepayment and accruals
· Provide accurate data to strict weekly and monthly deadlines
· Raise purchase orders for suppliers when required
· Raise sales ledger invoices when required
· Maintain financial & non-financial data accurately
· Stats information collation from operational areas
· Generating system reports for use in financial analysis
· Assist in the process of payroll checking & authorising
· Provide support to other members of the finance team
· Ad hoc work as required
· Drive and enthusiasm to take ownership of the role and show potential for progression in company.
· Experienced in Microsoft Office, with high emphasis on Excel
· Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with problems and challenges
· Enthusiastic, reliable and highly organised
· Have an eye for detail and be proactive, with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider team.
· Flexible and motivated to be able to work under pressure and the ability to meet time critical targets
· AAT qualified or studying towards a professional accounting qualification
An exciting opportunity - there is a chance this role could go permanent at the end of the contract.