Data Analyst - Corporate Audit, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for?
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader?
Are you passionate about using your technical knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges?
Do you want to develop your programming and analytical or statistical skills?
If so, then we may have the solution for you.
Why this role is important to us?
As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
Your new role
Within Corporate Audit, our Data Analytics (DA) team works collaboratively with our stakeholders to manage project delivery and lead teams of data analytics resources in all aspects of design and delivery of information solutions. Data Analytics team is integrated into the audit function and assists in leveraging data as an asset throughout the audit life-cycle. As Data Analyst you will have a chance to discover our audit methodologies and applications as well as work on interesting global projects related to audit or application / infrastructure risk mitigation.
As Data Analyst in Corporate Audit you will:
- Use appropriate data analytic and statistical tools and techniques to analyze a variety of data sources
- Perform data searches and/or other ad hoc requests
- Develop internal partnerships to provide opportunities for more efficient solutions to various data, system, and applications issues
- Assist in implementation of additional scenarios, businesses, systems, etc
- Take ownership and be responsible for the data mining, manipulation, and support of analytical reports.
- Analyze and interpret reporting results to assist business users
- Ensure reports are generated and distributed within expected time frames.
What qualifications and skills we value:
Experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, or Finance is preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience preferably from an international company; some previous programming, application or reporting tools development experience would be beneficial
- Experience in using analytics / BI packages would be beneficial (e.g. Tableau, ACL, Business Objects, SAS, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, QlikView)
Skills and qualifications:
- Analytical mindset and numerical skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of SQL is required
- Knowledge of other programming languages is an asset l (e.g., Python)
- Advanced command of English; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team in global department
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.