Finance Legal Entity Controller, AVP
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Who we are looking for
Qualified or experienced accountant with international company experience who has sound understanding of German, Lux or US GAAP.Your new role
A position exists within the Poland Finance team based in Krakow.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance the successful candidate will be part of the Legal Entity Controllership team, being responsible for all controller tasks for the assigned entity. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate to further their career and play a key role in the Finance Department of a global financial services organization.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Oversight over monthly, quarterly and yearly closing processes and review/analysis of financial results supporting geographies, businesses and legal entities
- Detailed analysis of legal entity financials
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with US GAAP / Lux GAAP / German GAAP accounting rules
- Ensuring compliance with internal accounting policies and with the GAAPs
- Oversight of activities in global Centre of Excellence
- Ensuring proper application of Corporate Accounting guidelines and report financial results at monthly governance meetings;
- Partnering with various departments in State Street such as Global Accounting Operations (GAO), Tax, Legal, Treasury, Risk and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to ensure accuracy of financial results and that internal controls are appropriately designed and executed
- Assisting in the timely delivery of finance packs to legal entity boards
- Communicating with internal auditors, external auditors and regulators including support of banking supervision audits
- Liaising with external counter-parties and regulators
- Participation in global finance projects and work groups
- Answering ad hoc queries as required – internal and external.
Experience and qualifications needed to perform the function:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA qualification preferred)
- General Understanding of US GAAPs / German GAAP / Lux GAAP preferred
- Min. 7 years of experience in related financial areas
- Excellent PC skills: MS Excel and MS Word essential
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Strong team ethic
- Highly organised and motivated
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Remote work options
- Additional holiday entitlement
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.