SAP Central Finance Consultant
As a professional in Technology Consulting, you will help businesses realise the value they can gain from their investments — supporting strategy and being a key growth driver. As part of a high-performing team, you will deliver exceptional client service — providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence contribute to performance improvement, as well as how IT can act as multiplying effect during major digital transformations.
As organisations look to leverage the advantage IT offers, we will work with you to develop the consultancy and analytical skills that you will need in today’s environment. Working on projects that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having undergone a paradigm shift in recent years, SAP offers an innovative high-performance real-time platform and solutions which meet the needs of end-to-end digitized enterprises. Our EY SAP team is focused on working with our clients to leverage these SAP innovations and create business value. This could for example mean:
- Re-defining a finance functions financial processes based on S/4HANA Central Finance & Core S/4HANA
- Optimising budgeting, planning, consolidation by utilizing the possibilities of granular and real-time forecasting and data to improve insight
We are looking for technology-minded, business-focused and creative senior consultants with a passion for bringing context to SAP innovations and ability to demonstrate how it can help transform our clients’ day to day operations. We are looking for people who have been there and done it, who want to keep close to the technology and who want to deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients.
Your key responsibilities:
In your role as an EY Consultant you will have responsibility for designing & delivering key aspects of our projects and transformation programmes within our client base. You will be expected to:
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or proven record of success in consulting, designing, and implementing within the SAP Central Finance suite including:
- Extensive-level experience in implementing SAP Finance, S/4HANA and Central Finance
- Experienced in configuration and implementation of SAP Financial Accounting (FI), Managerial Accounting (CO), and Central Finance (CFIN);
- Ability in designing and redesigning Enterprise Data Model especially in the context of preparing for a SAP Central Finance implementation;
- Ability and a proven record of success as a team leader of Corporate Finance Processes supported by Central Finance such as central payments, open item management and credit management
- Demonstrates a proven record of experience on how SLT works in multi ERPs source system, mapping through SLT and MDG and defining Central finance future architecture;
- Demonstrates a proven record of success and eagerness to prototype, value case, and grow the practice in the latest S/4HANA Central Finance use cases;
- Experienced as a FICO team leader in leading business process requirements gathering
- Demonstrates proven ability to conduct complex and interactive solutioning workshops; and,
- Demonstrates proven experience utilizing technical and industry knowledge to identify complex client issues and build long-term business relationships with key executives through engagement delivery, as well as networking in professional organizations.
- Skilled in written, verbal, and presentation of business communication when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment, including articulating technical concepts to business stakeholders and driving development efforts with clients;
- Demonstrates proven success as a team leader as the point of contact with customers for troubleshooting, investigating, analyzing, solving software problems, mapping client business requirements, processes and objectives, and developing necessary product modifications to satisfy customers needs;
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong teaming and communications
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedicated, resourceful and able to work under pressure
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, information systems, engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in complex SAP delivery, with experience of at least 2 project life cycles and implementation, preferably in a business consulting role with a leading management consultancy organization
- A deep understanding of the Technology Development Lifecycle
- Strong experience with Waterfall, Hybrid-Agile and Agile methods (eg. Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
The knowledge of the selected skills below will be an added advantage:
- A progressive approach to SAP implementation, experience of SAP solution architecture
- An understanding of the SAP roadmap and industry trends
- Designing and delivering SAP solutions (incl. evidence of displaying thoughtful insight) in one or more of the following areas:
- SAP S/4HANA FICO
- SAP S/4HANA Group Reporting
- SAP Central Finance
- SAP Financial planning solutions – BPC/BCS
- SAP JVA, PSA or PRA
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you will be a confident team player and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you are ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.