Accounting Compliance & Reporting, Associate/Senior Associate
Join our global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job.
You’ll have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll prepare full set of accounts and present customized financial reports with the aid of accounting software.
- You’ll prepare statutory accounts, in compliance with Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards.
- You’ll administer client's payroll using payroll software, execute other expense disbursements and prepare monthly EPF, SOCSO forms, and annual EA forms.
- You’ll receive and process all invoices and prepare cheques for payments, handle daily disbursements promptly.
- You’ll prepare Cash Forecast to avail funds for payments and prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- You’ll responsible for prompt billing and settlement by client, including recovery of doubtful debts and management of bad debts and be prepared to be answerable for write-offs.
- You’ll perform review of statutory financial statements for simpler accounts and payroll work prepared by associates / interns, by verifying calculations and input codes in to the Accounts system.
- You’ll undertake secondment at client’s office/premise, if required.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Accounting or a related field
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a professional commercial environment
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.