Manager, Business Unit Risk
The Senior Compliance Manager is a key leader in the Global Compliance organization. Responsibilities include managing the activities and direction of a team of compliance professionals for Consumer Regulation and Banking Compliance (supporting Northern Trust’s Wealth Management, Corporate & Institutional, and Global Services groups) and Wealth Management Fiduciary Compliance, providing guidance on related compliance issues, and influencing the tone and direction of the global compliance program.
- Lead the team in compliance framework activities for covered areas, including identification, assessment, implementation and ongoing oversight of regulation. The team’s responsibilities include policy development, evaluation of regulatory and compliance management policies and procedures, implementation of banking compliance and initiatives and reporting,
- Provide thought leadership regarding the interpretation, analysis, consulting and communication of regulatory and loss event or audit exception information within covered business areas.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior business leaders. Serve as a WM, GS and C&IS primary point of contact for consumer and banking regulatory exams, internal and external audits for compliance topics. Serve as liaison with these BUs with Operational Risk, Global Compliance Testing (GCT) and Audit Services in the identification of compliance issues.
- Lead team interaction with legal advisors, regulators, internal and external auditors on regulatory topics.
- Serve as a member of Global Compliance Committee and Fair Lending Oversight Committee, and participate at each of Wealth Management Risk Committee and Compliance and Ethics Oversight Committee to participate in governance, oversight, and as necessary, escalation of compliance matters.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Corporate Fair Lending Officer and team on enhancing data collection and reporting to the Fair Lending Oversight Committee and the Fair Lending Council.
- Manage and develop team members
- Represent the firm and remain current with state and federal consumer protection regulations by participation in various trade and professional groups.
- Significant experience in relevant Audit, Compliance, Legal or Risk role
- In depth knowledge of consumer protection regulations, federal, state, and local laws and regulations acquired through formal education and work experience is required.
- Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the bank's business.
- Communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and apply regulations.
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager or related certification preferred. Regulatory examination management helpful.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.