Investment Compliance Analyst in Operations and Implementation , Associate 1
Who we are looking for:
Are you strong in solving nonstandard cases? Do you have a unique eye to catch the details? We are looking for someone like that for our team.
Why this role is important to us:
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. We are a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
The purpose of Investment Compliance Analyst Implementation role is to implement compliance restrictions on mutual funds related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates utilizing compliance platform. This will include coding and updating automated tests in the system. On a daily basis, Investment Compliance Analyst will use his analytical skills and understanding of financial instruments to solve various cases related to investment decisions made by managers of the Funds
The purpose of Investment Compliance Analyst role is to ensure that shareholders assets managed by the Fund are invested in line with restrictions coming from the Law and Fund’s legal documents such as Prospectus. Main responsibility of Compliance Analyst is to perform accurate analysis of alerts detected by a system and report any violation of rules to donor site to protect investor’s best interest. On a daily basis, Investment Compliance Analyst will use his analytical skills and understanding of financial instruments to solve various cases related to investment decisions made by managers of the Funds.
What you will be responsible for:
- Monitor activity of the Investment Managers in terms of regulations of Funds Industry using dedicated Investment Monitoring Platform
- Ensure that market data and accounting information appearing in the system are correct and accurate
- Analyze alerts flagged by the system by investigating accounting and custody records, researching market data platforms, reviewing legal documents and searching financial web-sites
- Create comments and conclusions based on the analyses and report violations to the clients
- Perform updates of missing information in the system
- Create reports for clients and auditors
- Identify regulatory restrictions and perform their set-up in the Investment Monitoring Platform
What we value:
- We value team work and continuous learning and development
- We support each other and learn from each other
- We strive for excellence in everything we do
- We never stop to change
- Import new funds into the system
- Associate particular funds to their corresponding rules according to the documentation
- Check compliance of prospectus and investment guidelines
- Resolve arisen issues, like lack of data or misinterpretation restrictions
- Work directly with other teams within the company in order to determine best approach or to obtain clarification
- Ensure deliverable's are completed in a timely manner and follow-up with internal groups where necessary
- Assist manager with designated compliance projects and assignments and act as coordinator where required
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained for audit purposes
- Participate in both short and long term projects, like setting up new clients in system
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- We are diverse team and we welcome (preferably but not only) graduates of economics, business, law, finance & accounting, science and language degrees
- Banking knowledge
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program that will help you to match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.