Financial Reporting Specialist with State Street Global Advisors, Off
Review financial statements and regulatory filings including NPORT and NCEN, with an emphasis on identification and implementation of new accounting guidance/pronouncements as they relate to 1940 Act Regulated Investment Companies. Additional responsibilities include: maintenance of accounting policies; assistance on management of audit engagements and; issuing guidance to, and conducting oversight of, the Funds’ service providers and vendors.
The successful candidate will possess the necessary skills to:
- facilitate the review and completion of financial, regulatory and status reporting ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements, agreements/contracts and fund policies
- manage relationships and collaborate with internal operations and investment teams, legal and compliance groups, service providers and external auditors
- assist with special projects relevant to accounting and financial reporting oversight
- perform ad hoc research related to a wide range of technical accounting and financial reporting matters.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
- Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, SEC and IRS standards as they apply to investment companies, partnerships and other fund structures.
- Ability to initiate, effectively manage and improve relationships, both within the firm and with peers throughout the organization and industry.
- A team oriented individual with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing fast paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities with deadlines.
Level Of Education
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Business, Accounting, or related field. CPA or MBA is preferred.
Previous Level Of Experience:
- 4-6 years of work experience preferably with an investment adviser, public accounting firm or a financial services organization.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.