Finance BI Analyst
The Finance BI Analyst will support the delivery of the objectives of Finance Services, by developing new data and business intelligence capabilities which support a number of business intelligence requirements, but with specific focus on financial planning, management accounting, statutory data submissions, and Financial Operations.
A well renowned Organisation with excellent benefits and working environment, based in Telford. They are looking to recruit a Finance BI Analyst due to business needs and increased workload within the team.
Working as the Finance BI Analyst, key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Lead the implementation and development of Tableau and Microsoft Reporting Services, developing and maintaining system architecture and ensure that the system setup reflects the FinancFial and Non-Financial data and reporting requirements.
- Maintain Finance System access controls which ensure access for coding income and expenditure is appropriate to the users' responsibilities, and reports and dashboard reporting access is in place for managing access to data in the BI tools.
- Collaborate with and stakeholders to design and deliver new BI reporting requirements and Financial Modelling, which provide a responsive efficient report repository that allows stakeholders to make decisions which innovate and influence activity in order to meet financial and Non-financial objectives.
- Engage with managers to effectively define the reporting needs, being adept at translating conceptual ideas or complex information into business requirements and then a technical specification. This includes being able to positively influence the business intelligence requirements by researching, challenging, and understanding the needs for Finance and Non-Finance colleagues.
- Proactively review, challenge, refine and where appropriate decommission existing reports and where appropriate replace with dashboards which inform, influence and innovate key decision makers.
- Identify opportunities to automate existing processes and remove the use of manual analysis e.g Pivot Tables and excel tabular spreadsheet analysis.
- To innovate, actively identify and implement innovative solutions for finance related systems in order to deliver process improvement; including the development of interfaces to improve efficiency whilst liaising with the IT team, external consultants and other departments as necessary.
- Act as System Manager for all Finance Departments led business systems; Unit 4 Dream, WPM, TaskCentre, Worktribe Alteryx and StarRez, work collaboratively with senior finance colleagues to maximise opportunities through its IT solutions and support the training, development and best promote best practice.
- Maintenance and development of the organisations financial systems, specifically the general ledger, sales ledgers, purchase ledger and all peripheral finance systems. This includes developing and maintaining interfaces with other systems.
- Managing the monthly close down of the ledgers to produce reports which feed into the monthly management and year-end accounts and statutory finance returns.
- Developing systems to improve the quality and efficiency of the financial processing and reporting effectiveness, including developing of financial modelling, whilst maintaining financial control.
The successful Finance BI Analyst, will possess the following:
- Substantial relevant experience Background in SQL, business intelligence software e.g. Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SAP Crystal Reports, Microsoft Power BI or similar.
- Design and deployment of Financial Interactive Dashboards and KPIs, Finance Reporting, Procurement Reporting, HR Reporting.
- Experience of identifying, manipulating and presenting appropriate data from a variety of sources
- Experience of database construction with efficient structures.
- Experience of system implementation, management, and development
- The ability to analyse and interpret data and make recommendations which align to stakeholder objectives.
- Happy to travel to the office in Telford in the future (post Covid)
Excellent packages, opportunity to progress and manage a transactional team (for the ideal candidate) and excellent benefits.