Private Equity Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking forThis managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. The Assistant Vice President - Private Equity Fund Accounting interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. The Private Equity Fund Services group is a growing, dynamic business unit within the Alternative Investment division. Candidates must demonstrate strong technical investment accounting knowledge, initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously direct multiple tasks. The position is responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.Why this role is important to usThe team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible forAs a Private Equity Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President you will:
- Supervise all subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2, Officer, Senior Assoc. and/or Senior Staff).
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
- Manage client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Review quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms.
- Candidates must have an a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 7 years of accounting experience, including 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience.>
- Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus
- CPA is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Investran or other partnership accounting applications is a plus.