Transaction Management EMEA, AVP
Who we are looking for:
The role is in the EMEA Transaction Management team. The main responsibilities are to ensure that BAU processes are carried out efficiently and in line with procedures in order to ensure that all trades booked are processed and settled efficiently. To liaise with the client, SST management and the offshore team. Implementing and strengthening processes, controls and procedures and to manage and develop the members of the team
The initial responsibility will be to manage and support the ETD Oversight team
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Transaction Management EMEA, AVP you will:
- Ensure that BAU processes are carried out in line with controls and procedures. Initially this will be working within the ETD Oversight team
- Ensure that all trades booked by the client are processed efficiently
- Manage the day-to-day activities and control and monitor the decisions of the staff to ensure consistency of policies, adherence to procedures and compatibility of services to clients.
- Propose and work to implement workflow changes and support technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Ensure that a robust control environment is created and maintained
- Evaluate current operational and technical infrastructure and define strategic direction for development and change; including opportunities for efficiency and quality improvements.
- Understand current service offering related to market requirements and define and recommend service changes as appropriate
- Assess measure and manage risk exposure as part of standardized business practices; immediately address and escalate issues, as appropriate, to sustain strong financial performance.
- Responsible for the training and direction of staff
- Create and manage relationships with key contacts in departments that interact with operations assuring they are satisfied with their level of service – in particular the offshore teams and other regional TM units
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- The ability to gather information, test propositions and connect related and unrelated matters in preparation for decision-making. The ability to clearly present the rationale for decisions and question/challenge feedback received if not clear.
- The ability to use sound judgement to provide recommendations and make decisions that add value to the business.
- Display pro-activeness and the ability to organize work effectively, plan and consider alternative options or strategies
- The ability to apply well developed technical skills to meet all the needs of the role
- The confidence to present information effectively and to provide written reports and communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, but also the ability to lead and motivate. Ability to resolve conflicts. Generates enthusiasm among team members and challenges others to develop as leaders.
- The ability to organize, work effectively, plan ahead and consider alternative options or strategies.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- ETD Product/Operational Experience Essential - to include Futures and Options, Margins, Exchanges, Major Markets, Rec Breaks
- Strong supervisory/management experience in a financial services organization
- Solid knowledge of Investment Instruments such as: Equity, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, is desirable
- Excellent communications, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.