Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Fund Accountant
The Fund Accountant is responsible for specialized accounting support of commingled investment portfolios within the business line. Leveraging our fund accounting technology, Fund Accountants will complete one or more key aspects of net asset value execution including; transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, and special handling, as well as break identification and resolution. Fund Accountants ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Process transactions, verify information, escalate problem items;
- Ensure daily output maintains department/team standards for quality and timeliness;
- Ensure deadlines and/or requirements are being met;
- Manage daily production reporting;
- Follow up on open inquiries;
- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues;
- Communicate with internal departments as necessary;
- Contribute to Management Reporting (ie: Clarity, PVC’s, past dues, cash breaks, R and A analysis);
- Understanding of the big picture of how specific function impacts the firm;
- Contribute to Division/Firm process improvement activities;
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity;
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience;
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills;
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem;
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills;
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively;
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Fluency in English.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.