Project Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The role will be responsible for supporting the PMO Transformation team, with all aspects of project, program and change management. This will include PMO activities at project management level, working closely with the Transformation and Business leads to support achieve the assigned targets; and project management support across the transformation portfolio of strategic and global initiatives. There will be opportunities to take end to end ownership of activities and processes and to proactively find ways to continuously improve them. The role holder will interact with key stakeholders based across Poland/ EMEA/ Globally.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager you will:
- Manage and lead transformation projects and activities and support Local Tower heads and Business units with goals achievement
- Oversee project execution and ensure timely and quality deliverables and provide proper reporting on local, regional and global levels
- Control milestones and achievement to align with budget and reporting tools
- Set up of a project governance & translation of objectives into project initiatives
- Follow the communication strategy in order to provide greater transparency around delivery to all key stakeholders
- Manage a reporting cycle for various change and steering committee forums at a Business level
- Manage assigned support groups of project managers and business individuals within the area of responsibilities
- Produce and maintain resource and stakeholder management analysis for project portfolio
- Develop and maintain a portfolio level RAID log to facilitate early and transparent escalation of critical project risks and issues
- Act as contact point between Business and PMO both locally and globally incl. documentation and reporting
- Works closely with the program Sponsor, Owner and Key stakeholders to facilitate decisions necessary for program delivery
- Support Business to keep the focus on transformation priorities
- Maintain and update all projects in Wave under the Transformation programme
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent project management skills, extensive project management experience and training
- Knowledge of Project Management Institute Standards or certification according to PMI will be a considerable advantage
- Experience in transformation projects
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Knowledge of the financial securities or mutual fund industry is desired
- Advanced PC skills, including office applications and project scheduling and flowcharting software
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in technology, accounting, finance, business or equivalent
- 5-8 years of relevant project management experience
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.