Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard–working team eager to drive our business forward?
Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Financial Analyst in Independence, OH!
The Financial Analyst supports the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department. The position is responsible for the creation and distribution of daily sales information as well as internal financial reporting, including monthly financial close/input from Regional Company business/finance support associates. The Financial Analyst creates and publicizes monthly and quarterly financial metrics and analytics relating to each regional company in the North Division. The position also supports the annual budgeting process including quarterly forecasting/modeling, reporting, and other ad hoc analyses. In this role, the Financial Analyst supports the Division Finance leaders by providing analyses and insight related to Division trends and forecasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports and analyzes financial and operating metrics, such as same–store sales, gross margin, operating expenses, working capital, asset utilization, capital expenditures, etc.
- Performs financial modeling in support of the Division as well as Corporate FP&A.
- Creates and distributes the monthly financial metrics and reporting packets.
- Provides support and analysis for sales and marketing related to customer price realization (i.e., measurement of periodic price increases and other pricing initiatives designed to enhance profitability).
- Works with FP&A team on the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes, working closely with Regional Company business/finance support.
- Assists with the Division's efforts to utilize SAP's Business Warehouse reporting.
- Prepares periodic reports for senior management.
- Continued personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Required Length & Type of Experience: Minimum of two years financial reporting/financial analysis experience with a proven track record of success.
- Prior public accounting experience preferred.
- Prior experience with SAP.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage computer systems and related tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and collectively. Exceptional organization, time management, customer service, project estimating and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use time effectively and efficiently; can attend to a broader range of activities; handles multiple demands and competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to promote collaboration, coordination, and teamwork across organizational boundaries.
- Displays a strong personal commitment to successfully managing and completing all aspects of projects.
- Results oriented with the ability to push self and others for results.
- Able to achieve results through formal channels and the informal network.
- Ability to design practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; can impact people and results remotely.
- This position requires the carrying of a cell phone and managing escalation of afterhours support issues.
- Occasional travel to include overnight travel may be required.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e–Business platform, and Airgas Total Access?? telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry–leading technology and innovations.