Accountant (12 months contract - Penang)
This role required someone that is familiar with the reporting requirements for Bank Negara such as the International Investment Position and covering the full sets of accounting including tax and audit.
Our client is a well-known manufacturing MNC that is looking for talented individual to join their vibrant team.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing general ledger entries, fixed assets transaction, banking transaction, payroll, intercompany, financial and management reporting, accounts reconciliations, statutory audit and tax computation, cash flow forecast and budgeting based on generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and local requirements, and support month-end and year-end accounting close process
- Perform financial and management reporting related activities and analyze monthly, quarterly results and account balances; identify and interpret key variances, trends, and insights; present key findings to management.
- Prepare monthly Tax and Deferred Tax provision, tax related matters, work with tax agent and ensure tax computation is submitted to IRB timely and tax payment is being paid correctly and timely
- Manage the statutory accounting and reporting.
- Perform Bank Negara related reporting such as International Investment Position (IIP) Reporting using Bank Negara reporting portal.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, tax agent, solicitors, bankers, company secretary, other professional and regulatory bodies.
- Participate in UAT testing and update such findings to the management.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and internal controls, financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations
- Work independently, liaise and communicate effectively with stakeholders on relevant issues.
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding issues identified and escalate to relevant parties as necessary
- Proactively identify, propose and implement continuous process improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, and/or professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CPA/MIA etc.) with at least 5 - 8 years' experience
- Good technical accounting knowledge, analytical skills and attention to details
- Knowledge of the IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience in Bank Negara reporting rulesand use of Bank Negara reporting portal
- Experience in Manufacturing environment is desired
- Experience in a shared services environment is an added advantage
- Experience in using the SAP system
- Skilled in the use of MS Office tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
The candidate will be able to be involved in the faily operational accounting, involved in process improvement, and also participate in the investment planning for the business.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Carolyne Yew on +603 2302 4102