Section Manager, Fund Accounting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Reporting to a Divisional Manager, the Section Manager is a senior managerial position responsible for a fund accounting operations team. Responsibilities include conducting the performance management process, establishing goals & objectives for the team and ensuring the timely and accurate completion of the overall NAV production process.
The teams comprise approximately up to 20 partners including Fund Accountants, Team Leaders, Consultants and Fund Accounting Operation Managers. The successful candidate will consult with clients and partners ensuring delivery of a first class service and they will help to identify and develop process improvements, system enhancements and optimise effectiveness within the group and across the department.
The role would suit an ambitious, energetic individual with strong systems, product and process knowledge coupled with the ability to lead, motivate and engage partners. Individuals with previous experience in fund administration, operations or accounting are of particular interest for the role. This role will be of interest to candidates who wish to progress their career in a dynamic, ‘best in class operation’.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of a fund accounting team, to conduct the performance management process, identification of training and development needs, recruitment and motivation of partners, and establishment of performance standards.
- Lead and guide partners, and foster an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Responsibility for the overall NAV production process, accuracy, and timeliness across a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- Maintain unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the departments’ performance with a direct focus on quality, risk mitigation, efficiencies and internal controls.
- Work as part of a wider FA Ireland team engaging with the Section Manager and Divisional Manager teams in Dublin, Limerick and Bangalore to seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the department.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of managing teams, implementing development and succession plans for all levels, and will display effective communication and coaching skills.
- The ability to contribute to the overall department strategic, tactical and budget objectives and initiatives would be beneficial.
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership and motivational skills are required.
- Proven client management skills and the ability to manage a team to plan and meet client and ad-hoc deliverable deadlines required.
- Systems knowledge of InvestOne Enterprise, Vendor systems (Bloomberg, Reuters), and other fund accounting systems advantageous.
- Strong PC skills required
- Experience with instilling a strong client service culture in teams is desirable in addition to the ability to represent the business to clients via presentations etc.
- The successful candidate would display ambition, positivity, confidence, discipline, approachability, creativity and enthusiasm.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.