External Audit Assistant / Senior (Financial Services), Assurance
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
You will have the opportunity to take on responsibilities that would allow you to develop a deep and professional knowledge base in markets such as wealth and asset management, banking, insurance, private equity and capital markets.
Your key responsibilities
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history, and planned audit approach.
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment.
- Good project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Accountancy/ Business related.
- Min 1 year's relevant work experience in the audit field for assistants and 3 years for seniors, or industry experience within insurance, banking or asset management
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.