Asia-Pacific Tax Center – Tax Accounting Risk Advisory Services – Senior/ Staff Associate
Our Tax Accounting Risk Advisory Services (TARAS) practice operates within APTC, focus on helping clients across a variety of sector effectively manage local statutory income tax reporting, bookkeeping and tax compliance obligations proactively and responsibly of EY client’s operations. TARAS professionals focus on details of income tax accounting, processes and internal controls over tax accounting and reporting. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the tax function across the entire record-to-report process.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior in the services, you will spend your time transforming EY client’s business. You will work with a variety of teams to understand their income tax processes and identify process and technology improvement opportunities across the record-to-report process. You may utilize a variety of tools and techniques to document current state and identify future state processes. You may design and configure automation tools, such as robotic process automation, data integration and workflow.
For key clients you will also help manage implementation of centrally managed global outsourcing/sourcing models that provide clients with greater control and visibility over global tax accounting compliance and reporting activities, access to global team members with finance expertise, and development of new operating models to address new markets. You will serve on audits of key clients including those requiring: local GAAP, IAS 12 and US GAAP ASC 740 tax reporting requirements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Foundational accounting background including income tax accounting and income tax compliance
- Experience in providing assurance services to listed clients (i.e., audit engagements)
- Identify ways to automate manual tasks using existing financial or tax systems and emerging technologies
- Exhibit competency in technology by maintaining complex sets of data, reviewing data analytics and analyzing trends including the collection of data as per agreed financial statement close timelines and other requirements
- Understand EY methodologies/tools to enhance service delivery, challenge current procedures to find new approaches
- Strong spirit of entrepreneurship with colleagues and clients
- Function as Project Manager, team motivator, and oversee process guidance of workflow development
- Take ownership of tasks and make decisions and resolve issues including the escalation of client and internal partner issues while having a strong ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, suggest process improvements, understand how to define and help manage overall program risks
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals
- Help develop and guide staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client businesses
- Scoping of new opportunities: develop proposals and participate in oral presentations; provide high-quality services/work products; build relationships with clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Certified Public Accountant or related designation being pursued
- Ability to lead a team, mentor counselees and manage client-serving business
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
- A natural flair for problem-solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Business Analyst background/experience
- Microsoft Excel VBA development
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of databases (specifically SQL Server)
- ERP experience, including SAP and/or Oracle
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and centre, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.