Financial Reporting Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting in Guernsey, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a financial reporting group, including conducting the performance management process. Responsibilities will include: Establish goals/objectives for section and monitors to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks, including accounts review of London Listed funds. Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps. Develops and monitors process improvements and systems enhancements for the section. Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to ensure 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the section.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex client reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in section.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews all direct line reports.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Improve productivity and efficiency metrics of the team
- Attendance and presentation of accounts at Board meetings.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Must have proven experience in a management role acquired through working in either the fund administration, asset management or securities operations, or audit industry.
- Ideally will hold an Accounting Qualification (Financial Reporting experience preferred)
- Proven track record in the detail review of financial statements, from primary statement and notes through to detail corporate governance reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of offshore funds administration preferably for London listed main market funds.
- Working knowledge of the Guernsey regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Experience of representing businesses to clients via presentations etc. Ability to instil a client services culture amongst staff. Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via presentations, RFP responses
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.