Overall Job Purpose
To assist Partners and portfolio holders in the prompt collection of the firm’s debts, processing accounting data efficiently, and helping ensure that internal and external clients receive a quality service in all respects.
To keep Line Manager informed of the status of work, any exceptions to policy and of any problems encountered. This role is based in our RSM Crawley office.
- Building relationships with internal and external clients to facilitate settlement of outstanding bills in line with terms of business
- Dealing with, escalating and managing queries raised by clients through to conclusion
- Regular meetings and calls with Partners, portfolio holders and other stakeholders to agree actions and responsibilities
- Daily maintenance and noting of debtors ledge
- Checking and issuing of monthly statements and reminder letters
- Ensuring accurate classification of clients within the practice management system
- Monthly debtor provisioning in line with policy
- Cash management; maximising collections, arranging refunds, transferring and reallocating
- Ensuring that the monthly client Stop list is noted in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting the preparation of month-end tasks and delivery of reports
- General housekeeping duties
- Assisting as may be required within Credit Control and NFO including specific projects as directed
- A good general standard of education
- Recent and relevant experience working within a Credit Control role
- Professional and articulate, reliable and motivated
- Comfortable working with people at all levels within the organisation
- Willingness to travel including some overnight stays
- Confident telephone manner
- Methodical, organised and accurate with ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- IT Literate Microsoft office (including; Outlook, Excel, Word)
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information,
and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.