Senior Manager, Audit, Not for Profit - National
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our head office, in the centre of London, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
Our specialist not for profit team is multi-disciplinary and includes audit, accounting, tax, risk management, evaluation, governance and consultancy specialists as well as grants specialists. We work with charities, social housing providers and education providers.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Audit Manager with a passion for the not for profit sector to join our award winning team. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients. This role will be within our London team with flexible or part time working arrangements also a possibility including location.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities, social housing providers and/or education providers, together with other not for profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and social housing providers), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
Responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Managing a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion.
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network.
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA or equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of audits in the non profit sector.
- Strong people management skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly in our team so you can understand what our culture is like.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe UK is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit
Closing Date: 28 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.