We are looking for a talented individual with strong analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills to join the Finance and Human Resources (HR) audit team. The Auditor will help assess processes and controls related to Northern Trust’s Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (i.e., for Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR)), liquidity risk management programs, and treasury management activities, along with general finance and HR operations, in alignment with regulatory and corporate requirements. The role will directly report to the Audit Manager I, and is responsible for completing audit projects (i.e., audits, targeted assessments and reviews) in accordance with stated budgets, timeframes, and department policies and standards. Specifically, the Auditor is responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of audit projects and will be supported by senior staff, subject matter specialists, and managers with project scoping, fieldwork, and reporting in order to deliver timely and high-quality work product.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Management
- Establish and develop strong working relationships and open communication with key stakeholders and Audit Services team
- With oversight support of senior staff and managers, independently lead meetings with stakeholders and develop thoughtful inquiries on key processes and controls
- Stay abreast and maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements, developments, industry standards, and best practices to assist with continuous monitoring and knowledge sharing efforts
- Applies analytical skills to review key processes, controls, and documentation to determine whether there are potential control weaknesses from a design or operating effectiveness perspective
- Demonstrates quantitative skills (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, accounting) and/or analytical skills (e.g., law/regulatory compliance) to assist with assessment of complex subject matter areas in adherence with approved scope and testing approach(es)
- Experience in implementing and utilizing quantitative approaches and data analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SAS) is highly preferred but not required
- Ensures all analyses, including workpaper documentation and audit findings adhere to internal standards and methodologies
- Skilled at documenting analyses in workpapers in a clear, thorough but concise, and well supported manner
- Clearly communicates initial findings to management/stakeholders for challenge and discussion
- Assists with ad hoc projects as necessary (e.g., updating audit universe entities, risk-based audit cycling analysis, etc.)
- 2+ years of subject matter experience (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, accounting, law) or auditing experience in a financial institution or in a public auditing/consulting firm
- General understanding of CCAR, DFAST, Basel, treasury, liquidity risk, interest rate risk, resolution planning, balance sheet forecasting, investment portfolio, or statistical/quantitative models is highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are highly desirable
- Strong business skills and general business acumen
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- A College or University degree
- A Master’s Degree or other graduate program (e.g., CPA, Juris Doctorate) is preferred, but not mandatory
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.