Transfer Agency Accounting Consultant
The Transfer Agency (“TA”) department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements. The TA Audit Team is the main point of contact for AML and audit support for both regulatory and fund audits. The Consultant is responsible for a variety of functions, including acting as a point of escalation for more junior staff. The ideal analyst must have some experience with reconciliation and accounting, must have excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills, and must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinate audit requests for both regulatory and fund audits, ensuring timely completion of all audits
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all other assigned functions
- Apply knowledge of systems & processes to address inquiries, resolve issues, identify patterns/trends & recommend process improvements.
- Process and quality check a wide range of transactions through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a high quality work product
- Ability to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- Focuses on maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures in the function, building towards becoming an area expert.
- Carries out relatively complex, extensive, high profile activities e.g. direct interaction with committees and more senior management.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- May lead projects and/or train lower-level staff
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or 3-5 or more years of relevant work experience
- Previous Transfer Agency, Asset Management, Financial Service Operations experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Functional / Industry Knowledge
- Analytical and problem solving skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.