Cost Accounting Manager [Based in PJ]
The Cost Accounting Manager will be leading a team who is responsible for job costing and variance analysis, performance review, improvement and supporting month end reporting .
Our Client is listed in NYSE as well as being one of the fortune 500 company, a global leader in the manufacturing industry for almost a century with presence in more than 90 countries to date. They focus in providing solutions to many large corporations including the Fortune 100 companies. At this juncture, a business partnering position has become available. They are looking to welcome on board a Cost Accounting Manager report directly to the Head of Shared Services and potentially groom a team of 4 to grow within the organization.
- Work with plant operations to identify costing efficiencies, variance analysis transfer pricing and inventory valuation.
- Organize and communicate with finance team in manufacturing plants to conduct forecast, analysis and strategic planning.
- Ensure proper valuation of inventories to minimize impairment as at year end.
- Analyze production conversion cost and set expectations of daily production levels.
- Review completed jobs, ensure job costs are properly captured and analyze job variances.
- Involve in monthly management reporting and closing.
- Work with other analyst at plant level to forecast on production volumes, allocation of inventories and ensure costs are accurately reflected in Cost of goods sold.
- Cover additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Analyze financial aspects of the business, covering distribution costs for various divisions and analyze actual vs standard costs.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to provide recommendation to optimize business processes.
- Ensure full adherence to accounting policies, processes, procedures and authorization levels; as well as SOX controls.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or equivalent qualification, preferably Professional Qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong in analytical skills and passionate in performing analysis.
- It is good to come from manufacturing background/ Shared Services exposure will be an added advantage.
- Experience in leading a team
- Fluent in English, as regional reporting is required.
- Good working attitude, willing to do the extra to meet deadlines.
- A pro-active individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience in SOX control will be an advantage.
- Lucrative remuneration package
- Opportunity to be involved in migration and build a team from scratch
- Opportunity for career progression within the organization.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact En Xin Yap on +603 2302 4065.