Manager - Outsourced CFO for Hedge Funds, Private Equity, & Venture
Junonia Partners provides Outsourced CFO and Controller level services to investment advisors of hedge funds, private equity funds, and venture capital funds. Upon realizing the value and importance of having a strong back office partner, Junonia was founded to focus on providing the highest level of partnership: treat each client's business as if it was your own. Our experience in both in–house and service provider roles has shown us what matters most to investment managers who want more than just another consultant or service provider.
Build for tomorrow
Think long–term solutions and processes, not band–aids
Serve as a partner
Not just a consultant or another service provider
Go the extra mile
Delivering what's expected, on schedule is tablestakes
Managers are directly responsible for day–to–day oversight of outsourced CFO/Controller services, new fund launches, and project–based engagements for the firm. Managers are responsible for completing the tasks and work product to be delivered to the client under the review of a director.
- Provide outsourced CFO and Controller services to clients who manage hedge fund, private equity, and venture capital funds.
- Prepare NAV review packages that reconcile financial statements and investor statements prepared by the fund administrator. This includes re–calculation of investor allocations, management fees, and incentive allocation.
- For hedge fund clients, prepare daily reconciliations between Client's OMS, fund administrator, and prime broker/custodian. Also provide support for trade–break resolution, margin calls, and other daily operational matters.
- For private equity and venture capital funds, review capital call calculations and distribution calculations prepared by the fund administrator. Ensure calls and distributions are processed timely and accurately.
- Assist in the process for new fund launches by 1.) Reviewing fund documents prepared by legal counsel including PPM, LPA, and subscription documents 2.) Soliciting bids and vet service providers on behalf of the client including audit/tax, fund administrator, and banks/prime brokers 3.) Assisting in the opening of brokerage, bank accounts, and lines of credit 4.) Onboarding all selected service providers and integrate each into the client's operations prior to fund launch 5.) Establishing key polices and procedure including valuation polices, cash management controls, etc.
- For the management company, prepare financial statements, cash forecasts and budgets.
- Provide treasury management services for both fund entities and management company entities including allocation of expense and processing of payments.
- Oversee the annual audit and tax preparation process for all client entities, including draft footnotes when necessary.
- Liaise with the clients' external auditors, administrator, HR/payroll, compliance, and other service providers.
- Evaluate current financial and accounting processes for clients, propose improvements and help coordinate implementation efforts.
- Assist clients with special and ad–hoc projects.
- Provide operational support for clients and advise on various issues as they arise.
- Develop and oversee staff in delivery of services.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 5–9 years of experience in alternative investment management industry (Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Venture Capital)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment at a growing firm.
- Solutions–oriented mindset with the ability to effectively use all available resources to solve challenging problems
- Ability to define, create and implement processes and procedures
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while effectively prioritizing tasks for multiple clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Strong Excel skills