Finance Analyst - Technology
In a nutshell
- Business partner the SAINSBURY'S TECH Cost Centre Owners and Project Managers to provide support, challenge and insight on all financial aspects of decision-making as directed by the SAINSBURY'S TECH Finance Manager and SAINSBURY'S TECH Senior Finance Manager
- Support the SAINSBURY'S TECH Cost Centre Owners and Project Managers with accurate, timely and value added reporting
What I need to do
- Supporting the period end process across both SAINSBURY'S TECH Capital projects and SAINSBURY'S TECH Operational costs
- Supporting the creation of periodic MI to SAINSBURY'S TECH stakeholders
- Supporting the forecasting and Latest View submission process, ensuring a detailed understanding of the key risks and opportunities to the P&L and Capital are presented, as well as owning TECH depreciation.
- Complete ad hoc reporting and analysis as required across capital projects and P&L analysis across the SAINSBURY'S TECH cost lines as directed by the SAINSBURY'S TECH Finance Manager and SAINSBURY'S TECH Senior Finance Manager
- Support for the SAINSBURY'S TECH Finance team as required around the budgeting, Q2F and corporate planning processes
- Ensure that the end to end capex and opex impacts of SAINSBURY'S TECH projects are understood
- Continually challenge current methods of reporting to ensure that the best information is given to stakeholders and all reports are fit for purpose.
- Challenge and influence users of the information provided to ensure that they fully understand the information and are drawing the right conclusions and actions from it.
- Drive cross functional engagement whilst building good working relationships with key stakeholders including SAINSBURY'S TECH project managers, SAINSBURY'S TECH cost centre owners and the SAINSBURY'S TECH Procurement team
- Maintaining the BAU excel reports for the team, updating working files for business reporting changes, and responsibility for maintaining finance team procedures and process notes
- Providing timely and accurate reporting across SAINSBURY'S TECH projects, providing a high standard of analysis to enhance decision making
- Provide financial analysis and insight in relation to the development of robust financial models for new & existing initiatives to support high-quality investment decisions and support Project Managers completing business case appraisals & PIR (Post Implementation Review) papers
- Management of PO transfers, receipting and manual accruals on a periodic basis
- Working closely with project managers to provide accurate forecasting across project expenditure, providing insight and challenge into the data
- Provide cover for the Finance Manager as required
How I will succeed
- Completion of work to high standard - accuracy and timeliness are key
- Accurate reporting and forecasting, providing robust financial analysis and insight
- 360 degree feedback from Finance, positive feedback from business partners, work delivered to agreed deadlines and quality within the business
- Reduction in time spent on manual reporting/forecasting by automating/streamlining reports and/or processes
- Delivery of targets and process improvements Actively engaging and developing contacts throughout the business
- Demonstrable enthusiasm in approach to role.
What I need to know
- Qualified/Part qualified accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Advanced Excel (pivot-tables, lookups & macros) and PowerPoint skills
- Proven track record of working independently
- Self motivated and ability to manage own time
- Ability to prioritise and respond accurately under pressure
- Good levels of impact and influence
- Excellent forward planning and organisation skills
- Very good networking and partnering skills
- Ability to deal with senior stakeholders both verbally and written with strong communication skills, both orally and written.
What I need to show
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong analytical skills
- Resilient personality, capable of giving and taking challenges to stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- High level of personal integrity.