Sr. Financial Analyst
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service. Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real–time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices. We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A Little About the Role
The person in this position is a valued member of the Finance and Accounting team, and performs duties supporting both departments. Accounting duties include assisting with month end close, journal entries, account reconciliations, revenue, commissions, and maintaining the General Ledger. Finance responsibilities include pulling/reporting KPIs, assisting in variance and trend analysis between actual, budget and forecast targets, and performing ad–hoc analysis to help answer questions from stakeholders across the business.
Who You Are...
- Coachable and eager to grow and develop in your role.
- Very analytical and love digging deep into numbers and reports.
- A tenacious self–starter who is driven to meet and exceed their goals.
- Detail–oriented with an ability to balance multiple requests and projects– you never miss a beat.
- Consistently well spoken with a knack for interpersonal communication & relationship skills.
- Just as good at listening as you are at talking.
- Collaborative by default but you readily work independently to achieve personal and company goals.
- Able to easily build trust & rapport in a short amount of time.
What You Will Do
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger
- Review and approve Sales orders
- Assist with preparation of commission calculations and clawbacks
- Assist with the month–end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements
- Build and maintain spreadsheets as necessary to standardize the processes and functions of the department
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Utilize multiple systems to create KPI packages, systems include: Netsuite, SalesForce, Microsoft SQL Server, Stripe
- Produce monthly actual vs budget reporting for department heads
- Assist with analysis ranging on topics including: Pricing, Churn, KPI trends, Customer Behavior, etc.
- Other projects as needed
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 5+ Years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Must have advanced excel skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including an understanding of GAAP and general auditing procedures
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who doesn't need a ton of direction and can work autonomously
Even Better If
- Experience with SQL, Hyperion/Essbase, Salesforce, and Netsuite
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages for full–time employees, including: medical, dental, & vision plans– choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/mo
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long–Term disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- RTD ECO–Pass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year
- Casual workplace environment with lunch and breakfast provided once a week
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- We encourage all our leaders to promote from within!
This position is based in our downtown Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in–office/remote working model based on local COVID–19 health regulations and business needs. While we are mainly working remotely now, this will eventually be an in–office position and candidates must be willing and able to (eventually) work from our downtown Denver office.