Purchase Ledger Assistant
You will be required to undertake a full range of Purchase Ledger duties to be able to successfully manage and take ownership for this role.
An excellent opportunity to work within a successful Finance department for an market leader in their industry sector.
- Responsible for the full purchase ledger cycle for a number of companies within the group.
- Processing and coding of invoices and credit notes.
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders (POs).
- Liaising with managers across the business to ensure that POs are raised and authorised.
- Act as the primary point of contact for suppliers, ensuring that all queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently and that the turnaround between receipt and payment of invoices is kept to a minimum, in order that our corporate image and high standards are maintained.
- Shared responsibility for multi-currency supplier payments through BACS, CHAPS, and telegraphic transfers, ensuring payments are made on time.
- Preparation and upload of bulk payment runs through online banking system.
- Inputting of manual payments into online banking system.
- Reviewing expense claims, ensuring that they are paid correctly and on time.
- Liaising with staff and management to deal with any queries arising from claims.
- Advising staff of expense payments made.
- Reviewing credit card statements and liaising with cardholders to obtain all relevant receipts and authorisations in support of the statements.
- Ensuring that electronic filing of supplier invoices and statements is kept up to date and is accurate.
- AAT Qualified / Studier
- Methodical and conscientious approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A team player.
- Adaptable to a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels, including with senior management and directors.
- Excel - Intermediate (Pivot Tables / VLookups)
A competitive salary and a very comprehensive benefits package