The Financial Analyst, based in the firm's Wilmington headquarters, will be directly involved with all aspects of researching, gathering, analyzing, and utilizing client and market data for G&E's Business Development group. This person will report to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct loss and damages calculations and analyses pursuant to statutory guidelines using client trading data in an effort to determine clients' financial interest in various securities litigation actions.
- Identify client equity and debt positions, and quantify financial interest in specific companies.
- Research potential new securities litigation cases, derivative actions, appraisal cases and other shareholder and corporate governance–related actions.
- Accumulate historical client trading data and perform damages analyses and loss estimates pursuant to statutory guidelines.
- Track, record, and report to senior management on all securities litigations cases, settlements, dismissals, LBOs and various public and private company mergers, acquisitions and bankruptcies.
- Assist in the production of quarterly portfolio client monitoring reports.
- Ensure that accurate, clean data records are maintained.
- Maintain accurate historical records of cases.