The main purpose of the role is to work as part of the Senior Management Team to drive the business forward. Also, to provide day to day management of the finance function, ensuring excellent service and support is provided to all areas of the business whilst ensuring that the business is best placed to make challenging commercial decisions.
Market leading business with a catalogue stocked range of over 7,500 lines. The operation employs 101 staff on and off-site combining roles in sales, operations, and administration.
- Be part of the Senior Management Team driving the business forward.
- To ensure the accurate and timely reporting of daily and weekly financial information, monthly forecasts, monthly management accounts and quarterly / monthly Group reporting.
- Accurate and timely production of monthly and year end accounts and liaison with external auditors.
- To lead the financial planning process in conjunction with the Heads of Department in order to ensure the timely preparation and presentation of annual budgets and other forward planning information.
- To produce management information as required in an appropriate format to meet the needs of the users.
- To ensure that the finance department's systems and working practices are compliant with group requirements.
- Deliver solutions to assist in the control and development of the business.
- Ensure that the current department's skill set matches the requirements of the business and that staff are able to develop to their full potential.
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills; analytical approach.
- Computer literate and good IT skills.
- Continuous improvement approach to systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Good solid Commercial background and skill set
Competitive package and benefits.