The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the Finance Department, reporting to the Head of Finance based in Milan and providing services for the CEO, depending on the requirements as necessary. My client is looking for a professional with skills, flexibility, inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
My client is a successful and innovative start-up focused on providing the best advertising solutions for local business worldwide, on different channels, irrespective of their size and scope.
They are a marketing technology company with a platform that maps points of sale and integrates with user profiles on social networks to offer hyper-targeted and highly efficient advertising planning.
They have great potential and are looking to grow exponentially over the coming years, currently with offices in London, Milan and Riga.
- Manage treasury roles: cash reconciliation, cash flow forecast, payments etc
- Oversee the performance and payments of vendor / client account reconciliation
- Oversee the external accountant who manages salaries and pension schemes
- Oversee accurate posting and maintenance of all nominal accounts
- Manage the timely and accurate production of the monthly and quarterly group reporting
- Maintain all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Manage the month-end timetable and cut-off procedures to ensure accurate and timely input into the month-end accounts process across our business
- Process accruals, prepayments, depreciation, revaluation etc.
- Prepare the Bad Debt provisioning for the director's review
- Overseeing the maintenance of the fixed assets registers
- Prepare audit files and assist with the audit (annual)
- Prepare Statutory Accounts
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all relevant company returns and payments to statutory authorities such as: VAT returns, PSA returns etc.
- Liaise with auditors, consultants, banks, etc.
- Manage and develop one direct report (Account Assistant)
Requirements & Skills:
- ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of min 4-6 years PQE
- Detail orientation and strong analytical skills together with a positive "can do" and problem solving attitude
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Good communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player but capable of working alone and self-motivated.
- Very good level of English (both written and oral)
- Has a valid permit to live and work in the UK
- A plus is the knowledge of Italian or another second language
- A plus is the knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounts packages
- £45,000-£50,000 experience dependent