This role will primarily be focussed on preparing, developing and analysing financial information to allow the organisation to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth. The organisation is looking to upgrade its financial systems in the next 6 months and a large part of the role will be the successful implementation of this project.
One of the UK's leading, pioneering distribution organisation. A family run business who provide multi-service transport services.
The main duties & responsibilities consist of supporting the existing finance team with:
- Production of financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Preparation of annual budgeting and periodic forecasting
- Ongoing review of cash flow and production of forecasts
- The calculation, presentation and payment of VAT returns
- Reporting on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and asset register reviews
- Ensuring compliance with all financial regulations and internal policies
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the company. Full training and support on our systems will be provided.
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years' experience
- Proven technical ability
- Understanding of modern management information systems and excellent spreadsheet/analysis skills
- Ability to manage, delegate, motivate, monitor and control team activity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management
- Strong commercial acumen
Working hours - 9am -5pm (35 hours a week)
Temporarily remote due to Coronavirus restrictions
Up to 45k