Compliance Officer - Guernsey
For our successful, growing Guernsey office, we are currently looking for an OFFICER to join our Compliance Team. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As an Officer, you will be working within a small team and collectively be responsible for the compliance services to our local clients. You will be assigned a mentor and your team will introduce you to our team, systems and policies as well as provide a robust training programme for your development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the investor on boarding process;
- Undertake investor AML and client AML reviews;
- Update Alter Domus systems and records in respect of the controllers, beneficial owners and other relevant connected parties associated with client structures;
- Perform research and searches on specific parties as relevant to clients and investors;
- Assist with the reconciliation of key databases as maintained by Alter Domus;
- Undertake the preparation of statistical data for compliance reporting purposes;
- Perform testing as part of the Alter Domus’ Compliance Monitoring Program, and draft findings and reports associated with the outcome of this testing;
- Undertake any other ad hoc compliance projects / testing required;
- Generally contribute to the general operation of the compliance team and its interaction with Alter Domus staff, clients and third parties;
- Adhere to all relevant policies and procedure.
- Most importantly, have a passion for your role and for building relationships through teamwork and high standards of service;
- Be eager to develop their technical knowledge through internal support and training, and be interested to supplement this with external professional training / relevant qualification in due course;
- Have an interest in the finance industry – some finance experience is preferred but not essential as we will structure the role and responsibilities around the successful candidate including appropriate training, however a genuine interest in compliance and financial crime is key;
- Have solid organisational skills and be able to learn quickly;
- Be ambitious, a good communicator with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Have high level of OT literacy.