A newly created role for a Tax Manager for a growing team to undertake a tax compliance and oversight role. As the UK Tax Manager, you will help advise and guide the UK business to ensure it meets its compliance and reporting obligations to HMRC and Singapore HQ in a timely and efficient manner. You will partner with the business to ensure initiatives and ideas are undertaken in a tax-efficient way to help the UK Group manage its tax liabilities.
Our client is part of a Singapore based group and is in an exciting phase of their growing business.
Tax Compliance and Oversight
· Responsible for accurate and punctual preparation of UK tax computations for submissions to HMRC (VAT, Corporate Tax, Withholding Tax, Construction Industry Schemes Tax, SDLT, Payroll Taxes, etc)
· Manage external relationship with HMRC and other authorities as needed in relation to all direct and indirect tax issues
· Maintain relationship with our tax agents and outsourced tax supports, ensuring adequate controls and reviews are in place to keep up to date with local compliance
· Integrate new businesses or companies as and when acquired by the Group
· Preparation of the tax disclosure notes for inclusion in the statutory accounts of all UK entities, and implementing processes and systems to improve as needed
· Preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC (monthly and quarterly process).
· Assistance with any VAT audits from HMRC and other jurisdictions
CT Compliance and planning :
· Preparation and submission of UK corporate tax computations, elections and group relief claims for review prior to HMRC submission.
· Full review of cross-border transactions to ensure Transfer Pricing
· Payment of CT to HMRC.
Withholding Tax and Double Taxation:
· Run the administration requirements for WHT and double taxation matters.
· Ensure maximum amount of credit is claimed against CT liabilities.
Ad Hoc /Project works :
· Tax implications of restructuring, acquisitions, disposals of shares or assets
· Tax implications of entity rationalization within UK
· Professional qualification in (Accountancy or Tax)
· Very good technical knowledge of UK Corporation Tax.
· Good understanding of the tax accounting and reporting, statutory and regulatory framework under IFRS and/or FRS 102
· Very good knowledge of UK VAT and partially exempt VAT groups
Attractive salary benefits and opportunity to grow internally