Controller ESG & Sustainability Reporting,Vice President #176593
Your field of responsibility
Join us as a Vice President in the ESG Reporting team within Group Finance. ESG Reporting is a newly created team within Group Finance that will be focused on the implementation and support of the Group’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Reporting. The role will allow you to grow your experience in the ESG field, together with your strong US GAAP accounting, reporting and analytical skills. It will provide the opportunity to work across numerous partners to drive the implementation of this new reporting.
As a VP in ESG Reporting, you will:
- Analyze and interpret new ESG accounting and reporting requirements, including defining and drafting Credit Suisse’s interpretation of the requirements and identifying reporting gaps.
- Perform a detailed impact analysis of the new reporting requirements.
- Partners to understand both technical, process and control impacts.
- Build and maintain a library of ESG disclosures, including the reporting requirements, methodology and the data sources for the disclosures.
- Use your deep accounting and reporting knowledge to prepare, review, challenge and report ESG disclosures.
- Develop and manage relationships with a wide range of business partners both within CFO and across business areas outside CFO.
- Coordinate with these business partners to source and report data for sustainable and other sustainable finance related disclosures.
- Coordinate with data providers to educate, enhance and embed the control framework for ESG reporting.
- Project manage and drive the implementation of the new ESG accounting and reporting requirements across Credit Suisse.
Your future colleagues
This is a newly created team within Group Finance who are passionate about ESG and sustainability and use their enthusiasm to deliver the entire life cycle of ESG reporting. Individuals in the team are proactive, collaborative and have a strong controls approach. We are looking for individuals that have excellent analytical and interpretation skills, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and effective manner.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values
Your skills and experience
ESG reporting team members will develop SME knowledge on ESG requirements and work closely with a diverse set of partners across the life cycle of ESG reporting, from interpreting requirements, defining data attributes, embedding a strong control environment and identifying and implementing data sources and then ultimately reporting on the requirements.
We are looking for candidates with following background / experiences:
- Chartered Accountant with proven work experience in a similar position within the banking industry or a Big 4 accounting firm
- Proficient in US GAAP accounting, reporting and controls with genuine enthusiasm and ability for researching and solving accounting, reporting and operational issues is essential.
- A proficient understanding of banking products from wealth management, asset management and investment banking business
- Excellent problem solving skills. Ability to identify, understand and research complex issues/risks. Develop solutions that resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Experience in the field of ESG Reporting is desirable.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to take complex ESG reporting requirements and build positive relationships with internal clients in different locations to understand and address their needs.
- Change management experience, project leadership skills with ability and experience of driving projects, delivering end to end.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.