Accountant, Financial Reporting
The Financial Reporting group provides internal and external clients with assistance related to the annual audits and/or interim regulatory SEC filings across a diverse set of registered mutual funds and non-registered funds, including, but not limited to, common and collective trust funds, partnerships, and hedge funds that invest in a wide array of investment strategies and asset classes. The group has an open accountant position that will report directly to the team leader of the team. The accountant will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements as well as the preparation and review of schedules of investments (SOIs), while also ensuring deliverables are met in a timely and efficient manner. The accountant will also be responsible for performing global tasks for audit/regulatory cycles, resolving auditor open items and incorporating comments to the financial statements. The accountant will assist in providing training and development to the newer staff on the team, as well as providing feedback related to increasing productivity and efficiency within the specific processes and procedures performed.
- Preparation of financial statements and preparation and review of SOIs – ensuring quality of work by communicated deadline
- Review of cash and holding reconciliations and posting necessary adjusting journal entries to Funds as well as the understanding of the reconciliation issues and how to resolve them
- Preparation of global tasks for audit and regulatory cycles and assisting in the research to resolve auditor open items and incorporating comments to the financial statements
- Assisting in providing the training and development to the newer staff on the team
- Contributing ideas to streamline processes and procedures in order to increase the group’s productivity
- Effectively managing and prioritizing time in order meet client and auditor deliverables
- Prior knowledge of and experience in preparations of financial statements
- Understanding of various investment products
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and familiarity with 1940 Act rules & regulations, forms N-PORT Part F, N-CSR & N-MFP
- Familiarity with FASB regulations (e.g. ASC 815 & 820)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and easily able to adapt to change
- Strong performer with high standards of integrity & work ethic
- Great personality and a team player
- Ambitious and having a desire to pursue a career in asset management
- 2+ years experience in Fund Administration/Financial Reporting industry or related relevant industry
- Degree in finance or accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.