Quantity Surveyor - UKI Tax
Capital Allowances Consultant – EY Dublin Tax Practice
Due to continued growth of the capital allowances market and EY offering, EY are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Quantitative Services team within the overall Dublin Tax practice. An excellent package is available, including competitive salary, employer pension and health insurance contributions. Salary offers will be commensurate on candidate’s experience.
A motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic team player, highly numerate with excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail is required, to join one of the fastest growing teams in the Dublin Tax practice. You will work within a multidisciplinary team comprising chartered quantity surveyors, engineers, and tax professionals responsible for delivering capital allowances engagements to a diverse and exciting range of clients, across different industry sectors.
Prior capital allowances experience is highly advantageous, however, not essential, as full on the job training will be provided, in terms of acquiring the necessary knowledge of the Irish capital allowances regime, relevant tax legislation, Revenue precedent/case law and the required working knowledge of the various EY analysis templates and software tools used for delivering engagements.
- Degree qualified quantity surveyor with relevant industry experience
- Chartered MRICS/MSCSI (not essential)
- High proficiency in MS office suite required, particularly strong working knowledge of excel, as well as word, power point and Auto CAD
- Candidates should have a good working knowledge of building and services technologies
- Candidate should have good working knowledge of construction project procurement, contract administration and associated documentation
- Candidate should have exposure to main PQS activities, such as cost planning/estimating, BoQ preparation, tender analysis, contract administration, final account negotiation and report writing
- Prior knowledge of the Irish capital allowances/tax depreciation regime is not a prerequisite, though would be highly advantageous, as full on the job training will be provided
- Assistance/support will be provided to achieve Chartered status through the SCSI Taxation Allowances APC pathway or a tax qualification through ITI if desired
- An excellent package is available, including competitive salary, employer pension contribution, health insurance contribution and free gym membership. Salary offers will be commensurate on candidate’s experience