Assistant Management Accountant
This progressive Assistant Management Accountant role is based in Watford with this global group and looking for a commercial minded individual to progress and develop in the role into a full accounting role including management accounts, financial analysis and management reporting
As a fast growing FMCG Brand, based in Watford, this group have an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. Part of the Global Group with Strong funding the company can offer great stability and progression in line with study support and training. With strong company values and ethics the company are looking for a progressive and commercially minded character to work alongside senior management to drive commercial making through accounts production, financial analysis and reporting.
The Assistant Management Accountant will develop into a role including the below duties, with training provided to the right progressive individual with base exposure to month end and analysis.
- Ownership of the P&L - produce the monthly P&L in line with group and provide analytical review to leadership team.
- Cross functional coordination for Monthly sales estimates
- Group Consolidation package (Hyperion)
- Intercompany Reconciliation and Payment
- Draft for Comments requested by the Group
- Production of weekly sales performance tracker and key commentary for sales team
- Production of monthly management information pack : Sales & Margin
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Written commentary for Monthly Report - Full P&L analysis , sales , GM , Cost centre, Internal orders)
- Creating and presenting the Monthly KPI Dashboard
- Accounts payable invoice and payment management
- VAT and other statutory submission.
Assistant Management Accountant Experience, Requirements and Capabilities
- Candidates applying will be part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with proven practical experience in assisting on accounting, financial analysis and management reporting ideally
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (high level of Excel) Vlookup and Pivot table essential
- Previous experience in Retail, FMCG, consumables goods would be highly beneficial
- Experience in SAP will be added value
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Solution focused
- Able to see bigger picture via detail numbers
- Experience of working cross-functionally within Operations
- Broader commercial experience; an effective operator as part of a team
- High on IQ and EQ, with a good balance between the two
- Attractive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Study support
- Initially home working the role will develop to 2-3 days per week in office with flexibility built into the business going forward, however they are wanting someone within commutable distance to Watford
- Company pension scheme
- Health insurance