Financial Control Professional II
5 days left
- Experience level
- Part qualified
Why apply for this role?
In this role, you'll join a great team that's responsible for monitoring, managing and reporting income for the Liability products (banking, savings and investments products and Cater Allen and Cahoot brands). It will be down to you to produce forecasts and budgets for the business, and support stress testing, pricing proposals and product profitability analysis.
This is a great opportunity to work with, and understand, some of the key products that Santander offer. You'll understand how much money our various products generate and work closely with the product teams to understand the products we sell and the planning that goes into them. If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders such as product owners, central finance and MI production
- Supporting the product and business colleagues, providing insight into product performance and identifying changes to behaviour
- Preparing budgets and monthly forecasting, analysis of income and balance performance and rate analysis
- Producing variance analysis vs budget or prior periods, and providing the 'why' regarding variances
- Ensuring reported income is accurate - focussing on forecasting, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and preparation of journals
What we're looking for
- Strong technical skills - Excel, Powerpoint, Business Objects XI (Desirable) and Essbase (Desirable)
- Numerate, with excellent analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, both individually and as part of a team
- Pro-active "get things done", approach to work
- Ability to learn quickly and put this learning into practice
- Financial or Business Analysis background, and studying towards accountancy qualification
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.